On Friday, October 13, 2017 at 5:12:13 AM UTC-4, Joe wrote:

> Thanks very much Anthony for all your help with this one. I copied the
> exact code you posted but nothing changed.
>
> I wonder if this has to do with having multiple apps in the web2py
> directory.

No, the above example also includes multiple apps.

> Btw, even if I was to manage somehow to get rid off the "init", is it
> possible to have this URL *mysite.com/robot.txt
> <http://mysite.com/robot.txt>*  - probably not possible, right?

Sure, just set the root_static key in the router, as described here
<https://github.com/web2py/web2py/blob/5975e4767fd7339b5c588305ec9e8eebd9c079c5/examples/routes.parametric.example.py#L56>.

Actually, you don't have to bother setting that explicitly, as "robots.txt"
is already set to be served from the root URL (note, it is "robots.txt",
not "robot.txt").

> But, I can't even get rid of the "init", which is frustrating. I asked
> about this on pythonanywhere, but they don't know. They say it's a web2py
> issue.

Hard to say what the problem is, but https://w2ptest.pythonanywhere.com/
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fw2ptest.pythonanywhere.com%2F&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNEGRowkNGI04V6puqZsomxXem1MRQ>

demonstrates that the desired routing can be made to work on
PythonAnywhere. Maybe start from scratch with a whole new PythonAnywhere
web app or account.

Anthony