Thanks. I have now upgraded to 2.16.1 but I'm afraid the problem is still
there. The traceback is slightly different -

File "/home/appgov/web2py/gluon/globals.py", line 340, in user_agent
    user_agent = user_agent_parser.detect(http_user_agent)
TypeError: argument of type 'NoneType' is not iterable

The problem occurs when a user tries to access my home page
(www.appgov.org) but other users get through successfully.

I will file the issue in GitHub.