> I followed what indicated in the web configuration panel setting up two
> static configuration considering that my application is accessible both
> as init and as <appname>.

First, what do you mean by this -- do you have two exact copies of the same
application, one in /applications/init and one in /applications/appname? If
so, why?

> In order to be sure the configuration takes effect I used a broken path
> for one of the two configuration as follows:
>
> 1. '/init/static/'             ->    '/home/<my
> user>/web2py/applications/<appname>/static/'
> 2. '/init/<appname>/' ->    '/home/<my
> user>/web2py/applications/<appname>/static_broken/'

web2py will not generate any URLs matching /init/<appname> to point to
static files (or for any requests). What is the point of that mapping?

> than (after reloaded the application) I tried to access the same static
> file from the browser using the two options:
>
> 1. http://<myhostname>/init/static/<pathTo>/<someFile>.js
> 2. http://<myhostname>/<appname>/static/<pathTo>/<someFile>.js

Mapping #2 above is for /init/<appname>, so it will not affect requests to
/<appname>/static. If you want to re-route requests for /<appname>/static,
then you need a mapping for that pattern.

What exactly are you trying to achieve? Why are you trying to map some
static requests to a non-existent folder?

Anthony