Since Dec 1, I can no longer schedule tasks in the scheduler for my web2py
(Version 2.14.6-stable+timestamp.2016.05.10.00.21.47) app on
PythonAnywhere.com; the task log is a LONG permutation of the following 3
lines:

    ERROR:web2py.scheduler.giles-livetask1#7087:    error popping tasks
    ERROR:web2py.scheduler.giles-livetask1#7087:Error retrieving status
    ERROR:web2py.scheduler.giles-livetask1#7087:Error coordinating TICKER

interspersed every hour with something like

    Failed to acquire lock, task must already be running
    2017-12-06 08:04:12 -- Completed task, took 6.00 seconds, return code
was 0.

I have tried restarting the scheduler, to no (helpful) effect.  So my
question is: how do I get this scheduler working again?