On Tuesday, December 12, 2017 at 5:26:23 AM UTC-8, Petko Petkov wrote:

> Hi,
> I am a newbie web2py user. My app works locally fine but on the server any
> session.whatever assignment causes it to crash with the note reload page
> popping up on the app webpage. If I change to cookie session storage
> storage works but reading the cookie to return the stored variable does
> not. It returns 0.
> Any ideas what could be causing this and how to resolve this so I can
> store session vars.
> Your help is appreciated.
> I tried using current.storage, importing direct from gluon but to no avail
>

> Thanks
> Petko

I think you will need to fill in some details for us ... which version of
web2py (2.16.1?), which version of python, what OS is the web2py server
hosted on, and which browser(s) have you observed the problem with?

Are there any tickets in the web2py/applications/myapp/errors directory
(where "myapp" is shorthand for whatever application name you are using?)

The two problems I've run into with sessions are permissions (the user
web2py is running as needs r/w permissions in the session directory and its
subdirectories, and sometimes running as a privileged user can trip up the
normal user), and change in ticket format (not likely a problem for new
users).  I have not tried cookie sessions.

Dave
/dps