On Thursday, December 14, 2017 at 4:10:40 AM UTC-8, Anthony wrote:

> Could be a little complicated. The relevant code is in gluon.restricted --
> see
> https://github.com/web2py/web2py/blob/4f51647b2f5bd68887ddd9fe139c6bbc0fa885d4/gluon/restricted.py#L115
> .

That is unfortunate.  Would be nice to have this in a more modularized
fashion, but I'll see if I can make it work.

> You could create a RestrictedError (don't raise it, though, as that will
> trigger web2py's error processing). Calling the .log() method on that error
> object should then generate the ticket. Note, you'll be responsible for
> specifying the proper values for the "layer", "code", and "environment"
> arguments to RestrictedError() (for "environment", current.globalenv should
> be the proper value).

Cool, thanks.  But what about "code"?  It looks like RestrictedError is
mainly called from the restricted() function, and everywhere I can see that
calls restricted() has a bunch of complicated logic in the same function to
determine what to pass for its "ccode" argument.  Is there a way to access
this information from within controller code?