On Wednesday, January 10, 2018 at 2:48:34 PM UTC-5, Brian M wrote:

> Thank you Anthony, that works!
>
> Only issue is that while using iterselect() you apparently can't do your
> own db.commit() or else you'll get "Function sequence error (0) (SQLFetch)"
> I suspect that it may be closing the result set that your'e trying to
> iterate over. :\

The only other option would probably be to create a completely separate
DAL() instance for the other operations, as a separate instance will also
establish a separate connection to the database. If both sets of operations
use some of the same tables, then you'd also have to define those models
twice (you could do so by writing a function that takes a DAL instance and
defines the relevant tables on it).

Anthony