I'm looking for a similar solution, but the front-end is written in VueJs,
and Axios for POST and GET requests, since I couldn'd find a way to send
the actual file to the server I'm going with a solution close to your
second option, has some extra steps but it's clean and somehow more verbose
for multiple uploads, loading notifications and progress tracker.