If you are running an app under Python 3, then the app code itself must be
valid Python 3 code. Under Python 3, your code should be:

except Exception as e:

If you are seeing errors in your app code, there's a good chance the
problem is that your old Python 2 code is no longer valid in Python 3.
There are tools to help you update your code to Python 3.

Anthony