On Monday, March 26, 2018 at 2:03:06 PM UTC-7, Lee Carmichael wrote:

> I have a question regarding conditionally setting the color of a table
> row. What I'm trying to do is similar to this post:
>
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/web2py/gy01S0TwF70
>
> I guess my lack of experience is keeping me from making the leap from that
> scenario to my own.
>
> My situation is that I have a JSON object that's returned from a REST API
> call, rather than a db query. That object that has a field called
> "entry_type" and "entry_color". I'm trying to use that to format the table
> in my view but i can't figure out if i should edit the CSS to set the color
> based on the "entry_type" or maybe simply do something in the view to pull
> the color form the JSON.
>
> It feels like this should be a CSS thing but I'm not sure where and how to
> edit the web2py CSS files appropriately.
>
> Thanks for any tips!

This isn't a complete answer, but I have this in one of my views:

    *.odd  {background-color: #E5EECC}  /* light desert-y green */
    *.odd  {background-color: #ddffcc}  /* light green-bar      */
    *.odd  {background-color: #d0d0f0}  /* light blue grey      */

It's used in displaying a table, to give that lineprinter paper effect
("green bar").  The order is significant; the last line overrides the other
two; depending on my needs, I switch the order around to change the chosen
color.

It's placed below the {{ extend layout.html }} line, so after all the css
files have been read.

For a dynamic situation, I'd make set up a css class, and then use
javascript to add that classname to the td or tr element.

/dps