No. The DAL is being rewritten but to the users it wil 100%
compatible. The difference is only in the implementation to make it
even faster and easier to extend on other databases.

I am putting no effort into allowing web2py to use other ORMs since
this will limit portability of applications and because the web2py DAL
is better.

If you want to use django models or sqlalchemy models with the web2py
DAL you can because there is already an abstraction-layer for that
(look on alterego). The queries will still be in web2pyese.

Massimo