Now that web2py supports python 3, I just went on and migrated my website.
All works fine, except for a crash which I'm not sure how to handle.

I get this when the browser looks for /favicon.ico (a non-existent file
because it's in /images/favicon.ico)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "R:\Website Extranet\Fuentes\web2py\gluon\main.py", line 329, in
wsgibase
    response.stream(static_file, request=request)
  File "R:\Website Extranet\Fuentes\web2py\gluon\globals.py", line 617, in
stream
    status=self.status)
  File "R:\Website Extranet\Fuentes\web2py\gluon\streamer.py", line 66, in
stream_file_or_304_or_206
    if e[0] == errno.EISDIR:
TypeError: 'FileNotFoundError' object is not subscriptable
<http://127.0.0.1:8000/admin/default/ticket/unrecoverable>

The problem is the handling of exceptions in base/streamer.py
except IOError as e:
    if e[0] == errno.EISDIR:
        raise HTTP(403, error_message, web2py_error='file is a directory')
    elif e[0] == errno.EACCES:
       raise HTTP(403, error_message, web2py_error='inaccessible file')
    else:
      raise HTTP(404, error_message, web2py_error='invalid file')

e[0] crashes because e is not indexable, it expects e.errno instead.