Hello,

Why on update/insert a record with a non-empty partner, the partner does
not get updated as well with the backwards reference?

db.define_table('person',
                Field('name', requires=IS_NOT_EMPTY()),
                Field('partner', 'reference person',
requires=IS_EMPTY_OR(IS_IN_DB(db,'person.id'))))

db.person.insert(name='John')
1
>>> for person in db().select(db.person.ALL):
...     print person.id, ' - ', person.name, ' - ', person.partner
1  -  John  -  None

db.person.insert(name='Maria', partner=1)
2
>>> for person in db().select(db.person.ALL):
...     print person.id, ' - ', person.name, ' - ', person.partner
1  -  John  -  None
2  -  Maria  -  1

Should not be this the result, since is a reciprocal relation?

1  -  John  -  2
2  -  Maria  -  1

I'll appreciate any help to clarify this. Thanks