I suppose that should be fine. Tasks are stored in a database, so should be
as durable as any other data you are storing.

Alternatively, you might consider storing the reveal date with the item and
running a regular task that simply selects all items with reveal dates
equal to or earlier than the current day and updates those items to become
visible. Or even just add a common filter that automatically filters out
any records with a future reveal date.

Anthony