On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 8:15 AM, Benigno <bca...@albendas.com> wrote:

> I am using MacVim, along with iPython and setting up breakpoints to
> debug using iPython.. I find it quite usefull. Before I used emacs,
> but MacEmacs latest versions are giving me some trouble for some
> reason.

> Another IDE for python that no one has mentioned and its free is SPE, and
> there is a nice package
> for Mac OSX.

For several reasons, thanks for this mention:

I searched SPE and found... an amazing blog:
http://pythonide.blogspot.com/  which has much more on it than the ide ---
most interesting (and quite an aside here) is this post about a winning coin
design (and the process of desigining it) all done with open software -
http://pythonide.blogspot.com/2008/10/how-to-make-money-with-free-software.html---
absolutely fascinating!

SPE is interesting at first look (Ubuntu);  It is not really "free" in all
senses, particularly one this community is sensitive to:  there is no manual
without a donation (albeit the entry point is a small 5 Euros).

At first look, it seems to look at files in isolation (?) which is a shame,
since he generates UML from classes.
Anyway, it's fun to look at - thanks for mentioning it.