I have two problems;

   1. When I successfully submit a form and try to retrieve the text for
   processing in the controller, I tend to get the previously submitted text
   and not the latest. I tried to get the latest database insert based on the
   current time using this code but get the operational error. I want to check
   the current time in order to retrieve the latest inserted text.

controller code:

def retrieve():
    dt=request.now
    row = db(db.post.author== auth.user.id).select(db.post.ALL, orderby=~db.
post.created_on == dt, limitby=(0,1)).first()
    message = row.message if row else None
    return dict(message=message, form=form)

Error message
    row = db(db.post.author== auth.user.id).select(db.post.ALL, orderby=~db.
post.created_on == dt, limitby=(0,1)).first() File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pydal/objects.py", line 2250, in
select
 return adapter.select(self.query, fields, attributes)
 File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pydal/adapters/sqlite.py",
line 82, in select
 return super(SQLite, self).select(query, fields, attributes)
 File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pydal/adapters/base.py", line
762, in select
 return self._select_aux(sql, fields, attributes, colnames)
 File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pydal/adapters/base.py", line
718, in _select_aux
 rows = self._select_aux_execute(sql)
 File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pydal/adapters/base.py", line
712, in _select_aux_execute
 self.execute(sql)
 File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pydal/adapters/__init__.py",
line 67, in wrap
 return f(*args, **kwargs)
 File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pydal/adapters/base.py", line
412, in execute
 rv = self.cursor.execute(command, *args[1:], **kwargs)
OperationalError: near "DESC": syntax error

Problem/query:
Is there a way to have a trigger in the db, that when there is an insert,
the db updates to the controller the current text? something like:

CREATE TRIGGER your_table_trig AFTER UPDATE ON your_table BEGIN update
your_table SET updated_on = datetime('now') WHERE user_id = NEW.user_id; END;