On Sunday, July 22, 2018 at 10:28:46 PM UTC-7, Rahul wrote:

> Hey everyone,
>           Any clues on this one? OR should I start updating the
> application and the models with unused field names? Please let me know

Does 'rname' help?  You have to poke a bit in the book to find it at field
level, but when you do it says

"rname provides the field was a "real name", a name for the field known to
the database adapter; when the field is used, it is the rname value which
is sent to the database. The web2py name for the field is then effectively
an alias."

<URL:http://web2py.com/books/default/chapter/29/06/the-database-abstraction-layer#Field-constructor>

See also
<URL:https://groups.google.com/d/msg/web2py/X52AnJIQj_o/VnxIJcyNAwAJ>