On Friday, October 26, 2018 at 11:28:48 AM UTC-7, Artem wrote:

> Dear All ,
> 1. How to make DAL query with update only one/first record :
> 'UPDATE itft SET task_status = "S", w_id="w_id" WHERE task_status = "N"
> LIMIT 1;'
> When i try something like:
> db(db['itft']['task_status']=="N").update(task_status = "S",w_id= "w_id",
> limitby=(0,1))
> all rows with task_status == N get updated
> 2. Is anyway to return updated row ID ? or how to update and select
> updated in one query ?

Maybe try

You are using a curious query string; I don't know if that is part of the
problem or not, but perhaps the more conventional style will help.  And the
update() method automatically returns the ROWS object that was updated,
doesn't it?  Ooops, no, it returns a count.

Maybe it's better to use update_record():
row = db(db.itfttask_status =="N").select().first()
row.update_record(task_status = "S",w_id= "w_id")

Good luck!

/dps