On Wednesday, November 21, 2018 at 5:32:29 AM UTC-8, Ben Duncan wrote:

> Ok, I turned migration on for tables, and it gave errors because of
> foreign keyes.
> Everything looks exactly like the docs spell out.
>
> I'm not sure I see the reasoning for the stuff in directory 'database'.

It's the DAL's representation of the schema, with hints on how to translate
it for the flavor of DB backend in use (through a driver, like pgsql).  If
the table changes (in models/mytables.py), the migrate steps update the
database/*.table files and generate the appropriate SQL instructions to get
the backend to match.  Fake migrate skips the generate, and is used when
the changes already are in place on the backend.

> I'm going ahead putting back migration=False on all the tables, since It
> works that way and these
> are external tables.
>
> Anyone see any problems with that ?

Productiion should normally have migration=False.  When it is needed, it
only needs to be True for one access (barring errors).

> Thanks ...
>
> *Ben Duncan*
> DBA / Chief Software Architect
> Mississippi State Supreme Court