Ok  a little more detail in  pseudo code:

Display Login page:
get user name and password.
If form validates:
   validate username and password
   if username and password validates
      popup company selection
      get company
      redirect to next page
   else
      show "username password" error message
else  # Forms did not pass validation ...

That's the flow I'm used to using in CS software ...

    Thanks ...

*Ben Duncan*
DBA / Chief Software Architect
Mississippi State Supreme Court