Hi all, my application has a tendency to freeze whenever I run a process
that inserts row to the database. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I'm currently deploying Web2py on DigitalOcean using nginx + uwsgi and
MySQL database. My uwsgi has the following settings:

chdir = WEB2PY_PATH_PLACEHOLDER/WEB2PY_APP_PLACEHOLDER
> module = wsgihandler:application

master = true
> *processes = 5*

> uid = USERNAME_PLACEHOLDER
> socket = /run/uwsgi/WEB2PY_APP_PLACEHOLDER.sock
> chown-socket = USERNAME_PLACEHOLDER:nginx
> chmod-socket = 660
> vacuum = true

I have also tried setting DAL pool_size = 10 but to no avail.

However I have found a temporary fix by creating a new application to
access the same database. If I insert rows using the second application,
the first application no longer freezes up.

Hence I believe there's some kind of connection limit per application that
is causing my app to hang whenever I insert rows. How can I fix it?