> The issue is freer for who. BSD is designed so that a business can take over
> a project and close source its derivative work. The "freer" part of BSD
> protects these kind of companies, not the actual project or its original
> developers.

I don't think Web2Py is in danger of that happening. That has happened
to neither Django, Pylons, Rails, or any other web framework that I
know of. Being a web framework means that 99% of the usage is behind a
server and no code is being sold, and thus beyond the GPL's
jursidiction.

However, it does make it difficult for a company to do something like:
build a packaged and compressed one click executable web2py that runs
a single application. These little things lessens the usage you can do
with a framework.