the table:
db.define_table('users',
    SQLField('user_name','string',required=True,unique=True),
    SQLField('password','password',length=80,required=True),
    SQLField('town_id','integer'), # this can be NULL
    SQLField('name','string',required=True),
    SQLField('gender',requires=IS_IN_SET(['male','female'])),
    SQLField('telephone','string'),
    SQLField('cellphone','string'),
    SQLField('grade','integer',default=3) #user's grade, 1-admin 2-normal
3-viewer
    )

the action:
def add_user():
    # print response.vars I CAN see the storage returned contains the
correct information .
    form=form(db.users,formname=None):
    if form.accepts(request.vars,session):
        response.message='User added!'
    elif form.errors:
        response.message='There are some errors when adding user to the
database!'
    else:
        response.message='Please filling the form.'
    return dict()

the view:
    <input type="text" id='users_user_name' name='user_name' value=''/>
   <select id="users_grade" name="grade">
   <option value='1'> admin</option>
   </select>

Thank Massimo for your GREAT work! :)