On Wednesday, February 6, 2019 at 1:31:49 PM UTC-8, Dave S wrote:

> On Wednesday, February 6, 2019 at 4:49:43 AM UTC-8, Ben Duncan wrote:
>>
>> Ok, I found the answer. It's by putting in the entry ' autocomplete="off"
>> ' in the <form element that
>> does not allow previous values to be accessed. This is the behavior I was
>> looking for.
>>

> Ah, interesting.  I have a field where the browser's suggestions are more
> distracting than helpful.   Some exploration will follow.

I finally got around to trying this out, and it looks like with SQLFORM(),
what I want is

Field('Mint', 'string', requires=IS_MATCH('^[dpx]*$', error_message="not a
valid mint string"),
                     widget = lambda f, v: SQLFORM.widgets.string.widget(f,
v, _autocomplete="off")),

 Previous advice had told me about the widget stuff for autofocus,(=True)
and it looks like it works for autocomplete.

Thanks!

(Off topic annoyance:   appadmin's "DB new record"  form doesn't use
autofocus, and I feel it *should* take you to the first field.)

/dps