Hello,

I'm sorry if I did not post my tests but I’m really beginner with web2py,
python... and I was a little afraid to look ridiculous.. (Sorry again but
my English is ridiculous too !!).

First I tried with Mysql trough MysqlWorkbench and I quickly success to get
the minimum but only for a specific id with a simple SELECT and MIN(price).

When I tried to do the same thing for all existing spare parts, I stopped
with that because I blocked and got nothing good.

DROP PROCEDURE IF EXISTS test;

DELIMITER |

CREATE PROCEDURE test()

BEGIN

                DECLARE c_id INT(11);

                DECLARE cursor_id CURSOR FOR SELECT id FROM parts ORDER BY
id;

                OPEN cursor_id;

    id_loop: LOOP

    FETCH cursor_id INTO
c_id;

    IF c_id = 3 THEN

    LEAVE id_loop;

    END IF;

    SELECT parts, supplier, price FROM supplierchoice ORDER BY parts;

    INSERT INTO V_select_supchoice (parts, supplier, price) SELECT (parts,
supplier, MIN(price)) WHERE parts = c_id;

    END LOOP;

    CLOSE cursor_id;

END |

DELIMITER ;

Then I tried to do it by referring to what I found in the web2py manual.

That’s where I am now. This is only for the price but it’s the same for the
delay.

partid = db().select(db.parts.id)

               for i in partid:

                query = db.supplierchoice.parts == i

               rows = db(query).select(db.supplierchoice.parts,
db.supplierchoice.supplier, db.supplierchoice.price.min())

                response.flash = rows

I tried to show the result in a response.flash message before performing an
update of the fields best_price and best_delay of the table spare_parts to
avoid breaking everything but it shows me something that looks nothing good.

Depending on the tests, I get two different results: either web2py is KO or
my response.flash is very strange.

Thank you both for taking the time to answer me even though I did not have
much detail.

Arthur