Hi Scott

It's probably unrealistic to imagine that a proper DB would be stored
locally.  I mean, where would its contents come from?  If the answer is a
remote DB, then you are already back at square one.

However, it still makes sense to cache data on the client side. When the
cache gets larger,  it makes sense to think more about Local Storage.  But
we already have that now.
<https://www.w3schools.com/html/html5_webstorage.asp>

The main obstacle for local storage is keeping the data fresh,  and that
includes the user himself updating it.

Most of the logic leads us back to web services, REST interfaces and DBs in
the 'cloud'.  I guess that's where we're all heading!

Regards,  D