Or better:

links=dict(meter_list=[lambda row:
                       A(
                           [SPAN(_class="menu-icon fa fa-paper-plane"),
                            SPAN("Go To "+str(row.id), _class="buttontext
button", _title="GoTo")]
                           , _href="TEST", _class="button btn btn-default
btn-secondary")]
           ))

you can get the row properties into your button. But, what I am not sure is
how to control where it appears in the table. Right now, by default, it
appears before table referencing links.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/web2py/08edeae4-0ee0-4ec8-b045-1a7b2b8c06fa%40googlegroups.com.