On Monday, June 10, 2019 at 4:42:52 PM UTC-7, Dave S wrote:

> On Monday, June 10, 2019 at 4:11:25 PM UTC-7, Quang Lam wrote:
>>
>> Hi Dave, if i set the mode field to readable false and writable true, how
>> i can display the mode field in the view page. i know we can make it
>> temporarily readable true but i dont know how.
>> Please help.
>>

> I'm going to wait to answer until I  can access a system that isn't at the
> same site I am right now.

Here's what I tried:

I took an existing form, and in the controller that displays and processes
it, I set db.mytble.PostDate.default=datetime.date(2001,07,14) and
db.mytble.PostDate.writable = false.  (It isn't set that way in the
define_table()).   The form displays the current date, but as a string and
not as an input box.  I submit the form, and in the accept branch I do:

if form.process().accepted:
   print form.vars
   set form.vars.PostDate to request.now.date()
   thisrow - db(mytable.id == form.vars.id).select().first()
   thisrow.update_record(PostDate = form.vars.PostDate)

After submitting, I look at the console and see that form.vars does not
include form.vars.PostDate.  I use appadmin to check the database, and I
find that the current date is recorded in the database.in the new row.

And in case there is a difference in the enforcement of writable, I did do
a quick check of setting writable = False in the define_table(Field()).  No
difference that I could see.

Caveat:  I did this with 2.14.6; it's a site only visible on my localhost,
so I've been slow to update.  I do have 2.18.x installed on the same
machine, but I haven't moved my apps over yet.

/dps

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/web2py/f245ca7f-7291-4984-bc5f-f23fa26ce552%40googlegroups.com.