In the book, sum of selects is described as:

Similarly, you can use the sum operator to add (sum) the values of a
specific field from a group of records. As in the case of count, the result
of a sum is retrieved via the storage object:

>>> sum = db.log.severity.sum()
>>> print db().select(sum).first()[sum]
6

But I find that I get a key error when I do this.  It appears that what is
actually returned by the select() is

<Row {'_extra': {'SUM("test1t"."item")': 6L}}>
# and to print it I need to do
print results["_extra"].values()[0]

Is this a bug (presumably in DAL), a change from an obsoleted feature, or a
mis-reading on my part?

/dps