On Friday, August 30, 2019 at 8:28:51 AM UTC-7, Maurice Waka wrote:

> After doing all the procedures for a new app e.g. www.myapp.com,
> completing registration on godaddy.com, upgrading on pythonanywhere etc.
> The app in web2py is also 'myapp'(same as domain name)
>
> I went to the web2py folder and changed/ added in the routes.py this:
>
> routers = dict(
>     BASE  = dict(default_application='rivelar'),
>     rivelar = dict(languages=['en', 'it', 'jp'], default_language='en'),
> )
>

> I reloaded the app through the web tab...etc
>
> but when trying to open the app as usual www.myapp.com, I get
> www.myapp.com/welcome/default/index.
>
> where is this line stored:  'welcome/default/index'
>
> How can I change or remove it  to get www.myapp.com/myapp/default/index
> or simply www.myapp.com/index
>
> Regards

It's in main.py, but routes.py is the correct way to override it.  Works
fine for me on a AWS-Linux instance
just specifying

    BASE=dict(
        default_application='mydefaultapp',
        root_static = ['favicon.ico', 'robots.txt'],
    ),

You need to reload web2py, though, not just the app.  But doesn't the admin
page have a button for "reload routes"?  Yes, at the top, to the right of
"Change admin password".

/dps