On Tuesday, September 10, 2019 at 12:47:40 AM UTC-7, Ian Ryder wrote:

> Hi all, I asked a question a while back about AWS and Nginx but didn't get
> a reply so trying a different path!
>
> I've got an app I need to move over to AWS - does anyone know the easiest
> way to get web2py up and running on Amazon? I tried the old scripts for
> nginx but they seem to be out of date.
>
> Any help appreciated.

By AWS do you mean AWS Linux, or some other guest on AWS?

I use Nginx on AWS Linux.  I think I hacked on the Centos-7 version of the
script, because AWS Linux is similar to Centos 7, mostly.  Requests going
to web2py are routed through Uwsgi via file system sockets.  I'm using
Uwsgi in Master mode rather than Emperor, mainly because I understood that
part quicker.  (On my local machine, I have permanently open browser tabs
for Nginx and Uwsgi, but I'm no longer looking at them constantly.)   I
started with sqlite3, and that still runs some things, but I switched my
largest data store to Postgres.  This is a very simple setup ... all
contained on 1 EC2 instance, with some extra disk space for files sent to
the server.

Oh, and I'm using certbot even though LetsEncrypt doesn't officially
support AWS Linux.

Is that enough to get you started?  If not, details can probably be prised
out of me slowly.  Some details may be sitting around in some of my own
question posts.

Good luck!

/dps

/dps