I think this is what I wanted.

routers = dict(
    BASE=dict(
        default_application='myapp',
        default_controller='default',
        default_function='index',
        functions=dict(
            default=['list', 'of', 'functions', 'in', 'default.py'],
            foo=['list', 'of', 'functions', 'in', 'foo.py']
        )
    ),
    admin=dict(
        default_function='site',
        functions=['list', 'of', 'functions', 'in', 'default.py']
    ))

However trying it out on the local host does not change the name.

I also used this in the routes.py file with no change in the name

routes_in = (
    ('/testme', '/examples/default/index'),)routes_out = (
    ('/examples/default/index', '/testme'),)