I'm using SQLFORM.factory() to capture a specific detail but i want it to
be submitted once, to avoid the mistaking of possibly submitting it again I
want the button to be disabled immediately after the first submission. I
tried this below but it's not working, how can i make it work??

*CONTROLLER*
def invoice():
    ref=SQLFORM.factory(Field('Quotation_reference',label=SPAN('Quotation
Reference', _style="font-weight: bold;"), widget = lambda field, value:
SQLFORM.widgets.string.widget(field, value, _class='my-string', _id=
'quote_number', _placeholder='N:B; Always remember to enter & submit the
quotation number first & always enter it once!')))

    qtnBtn=ref.element('input',_type='submit')

    if request.vars.Quotation_reference is None:
        ref2=''
    else:
        session.ref2=request.vars.Quotation_reference

    return locals()

*VIEW*
{{extend 'layout.html'}}
<script>