Well,

after additional tests on latest MacOs (Catalina), both the CMD and the APP
versions work fine. The problem comes from downloading from Internet - the
Extended Attributes that Apple adds to the executables are not easily
bypassed and the programs cannot be run for security reason.
The solution is quite simple: download them from another OS (Windows or
Linux) and then use an USB key / drive in order to copy them to the Mac ...
In this way the program works like a charm!

Nico