Hello
I'm trying to pass an image to view from db or static files using js.
I' trying to create an iteration that can pass a text or image or video to
the view, so far being able to pass only text to view.
The code below :
        <script>
            $(function() {
                var getMessageText, message_side, sendMessage;
                message_side = 'left';
                getMessageText = function() {
                    var $message_input;
                    $message_input = $('.message_input');
                    return $message_input.val()
                };
                sendMessage = function(text) {
                    var $messages, message;
                    if (text.trim() === '') {
                        return
                    }
                    $('.message_input').val('');
                    $messages = $('.messages');
                    message_side = message_side === 'left' ? 'right' :
'left';
                    message = new Message({
                        text: text,
                        message_side: message_side
                    });
                    message.draw();
                    return $messages.animate({
                        scrollTop: $messages.prop('scrollHeight')
                    }, 300)
                };
                $('.send_message').click(function(e) {
                    return sendMessage(getMessageText())
                });
                $('.message_input').keyup(function(e) {
                    if (e.which === 13) {
                        return sendMessage(getMessageText())
                    }
                });
                sendMessage(`{{=XML(name3,sanitize=True)}}`);
                setTimeout(function() {
                    return sendMessage(`url:
"{{=URL('static','images/testimage.jpg')}}"<br>{{=XML(test_text,sanitize=
True)}}`)
                }, 2000)
            })
        }.call(this));
    </script>

With this code instead of getting the image file, it returns a path to the
file.
What I need is the image or video instead.
How can I solve this?
Regards