I cant seem to be able set a background image with jQuery using css in
web2py, I have been trying to create a background slide but all i am
getting is white canvas!
I dont know why this is happening!

<script>

var images=new Array('images/fairytale.jpg','images/gamaila.jpg',
'images/gathuli.png');
var nextimage=0;
doSlideshow();

function doSlideshow(){
    if(nextimage>=images.length){nextimage=0;}
    $('.background')
    .css('background-image','url("'+images[nextimage++]+'")')
    .fadeIn(500,function(){
        setTimeout(doSlideshow,1000);
    });
}
</script>

Even a simple script such as this one cant do it, i'm suspecting there is
something wrong with way i'm calling the images, the path i'm giving,
please help
<script>
$(document).ready(function(){
$(".background2").css("background", "url(' ../images/background.jpg ')");
});
</script>

Regards;

Mostwanted