Hello, from this code, I have already defined my table in models as follows:

import os
import datetime as dt
from datetime import datetime, timedelta, date
from py4web import action, request, DAL, Field, Session, Cache, user_in
from py4web.utils.auth import Auth
from py4web import action, request, abort, redirect, URL, Field
from py4web.utils.form import Form, FormStyleBulma
from py4web.utils.publisher import Publisher, ALLOW_ALL_POLICY
from pydal.validators import * #IS_NOT_EMPTY, IS_INT_IN_RANGE, IS_IN_SET,
IS_IN_DB, IS_EMAIL, IS_MATCH
from pydal.validators import *
from . common import db, session, T, cache, authenticated, unauthenticated,
Field
from pydal.validators import *

### Define your table below

# exposes services necessary to access the db.thing via ajax
publisher = Publisher(db, policy=ALLOW_ALL_POLICY)
# define session and cache objects
session = Session(secret="some secret")
cache = Cache(size=1000)

# define database and tables
#connection = sqlite.connect('cache.db', timeout=10)
db = DAL("sqlite://xstorage.db", folder=os.path.join(os.path.dirname(
__file__), "databases"))#db = DAL("sqlite://storage.db",
folder=os.path.join(os.path.dirname(__file__), "databases"))
#db = DAL( "postgres://mauricewaka:b3th32dau2a##@localhost:5432/py4db",
migrate=False)
auth = Auth(session, db)
# (configure here)
auth.enable()

db.define_table('answers',
                Field('author', 'reference auth_user', default=auth.user_id,
writable=False, readable=False),
                Field("message", 'text', requires=IS_NOT_EMPTY(), notnull=
False),
                auth.signature
                )

In the controllers, this is my code:

@authenticated()
@action.uses(auth.user)
def index():

    ...some code...
    yesterday = dt.datetime.utcnow() - dt.timedelta(days=1)

    db(db.answers.modified_on < yesterday).delete()
    ...some more code....

But I get this errors:
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "/home/maurice/py4web/py4web/core.py", line 551, in wrapper
 ret = func(*func_args, **func_kwargs)
 File "/home/maurice/py4web/py4web/core.py", line 512, in wrapper
 ret = func(*args, **kwargs)
 File "/home/maurice/py4web/py4web/core.py", line 512, in wrapper
 ret = func(*args, **kwargs)
 File "apps/scaffoldx/controllers.py", line 571, in index
 db(db.answers.modified_on < yesterday).delete()
 File "/home/maurice/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pydal/base.py",
line 763, in __getattr__
 return BasicStorage.__getattribute__(self, key)
AttributeError: 'DAL' object has no attribute 'answers'

What could be wrong here and how can I solve it?

N/B

I have tried to define the table inside the controller code with an error
coming as : 'table already defined'. When I remove the definition then the
above error comes.

Regards