Session and login information are not same. The latter is stored in the
former. When you logout it clears the login info in the session but does
not clear the session. There is no need. You can of course do
session.clear() if you want.

Sessions tells py4web (or web2py) that you are the same user as before.
auth tells who you are and what you are authorized to do.