Hello,

I am using Web2Py with Python 3.7. I have 2 web2py applications one is the
CAS provider and the other is a CAS client.
This works without problems with rocket server in development environment.

Now, I need to run these apps under Apache / Windows operating system, I
have both apps in the applications folder. The server is already serving
other applications with a valid Let's Encrypt certificate.

When I run the CAS Client application it tries to redirect to the CAS
Server application for authentication and then I get the SSL error:
urllib.error.URLError: <urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED]
certificate verify failed: unable to get local issuer certificate
(_ssl.c:1056)>

What is the best solution to this? Since these requests go within the local
server, should I have a self-signed certificate to avoid the SSL error?And
if so, how do I register this certificate to have urllib handle it? I have
looked into certifi's PEM file. Do I need to edit this file?

Alternatively, could I use the non-localhost link (internet link) and have
urllib validate using the Let's encrypt certificate in place? Is Let's
encrypt among certificate authorities for urrllib? or python SSL
environment? I think going internally should be a better solution though.

I look forward to some guidance. Thank you,

Clara