OK, i have tidied up the code a little and fixed more bugs. You can grab an
app with all the code you should need from Github here:
https://github.com/agrogers/web2py_datatables

I have done a couple more videos that might be helpful.  This one shows
some examples of what it can do and describes the settings to do it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVbj9hHQ9Mc
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVbj9hHQ9Mc&feature=youtu.be>

And this video tried to describe how the code fits together. Probably
writing some documentation would be better but I'm lazy when it comes to
docs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KlaPmr0GGs
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KlaPmr0GGs&feature=youtu.be>

Just a disclaimer again, i have been coding web technologies for a few
months. So the code can be improved a lot. If you have some suggestions I
would love to hear them.

Cheers
Andrew