Vlad

The behavior is exactly as you said it is.

I don't know if I'd go as far as saying this is a problem with web2py.  I
got around it by using this instead of the try/except in GetCartsGridLink

id = row.cart.id if 'cart' in row else row.id

I know it isn't ideal and isn't what you were looking for, but as you
found, it isn't that hard to get around.  I'm just surprised that I haven't
run into this over the years I've been working with web2py because I do
similar linking in my apps all the time.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

-Jim