I recently successfully used the configured email settings as follows:

mail = auth.settings.mailer
mail.settings.server = 'smtp.gmail.com:587'
mail.settings.sender = 'usern...@gmail.com'
auth.settings.registration_requires_verification = True

I noted that the email arrived with the sender name in lower caps and using
the email names (e.g. if usern...@gmail.com the name appears as username
and not user name).
I would like it to appear like: 'User Name' and not 'username'.
Kind regards.