On Wednesday, October 26, 2022 at 5:38:44 PM UTC-7 Jim S wrote:

> Can you try
>
> vrows = db(db.picsntoes.id > 0 <http://db.pics.id>).select(db.pics.ALL,
> db.picnotes.ALL, left=db.pics.on(db.pics.id == db.picnotes.about))
>
> instead of
>
> vrows = db(db.pics.id == db.picnotes.about).select(db.pics.on(db.pics.id
> == db.picnotes.about))

Thank you!  That worked.  And it turns out my version would have worked if
I hadn't dropped the "join =".  But because of a typo in a text comparison,
I was actually executing a different query, from before I tried a
simplified problem.  Now that you've helped my through the simplified
problem, I can go back and see how far I get in the deeper mud.

If that doesn't work, can you share you're whole model?  Seems like the
> picnotes def is off a bit.
>
> -Jim

Dave S
/dps