I tried the  https://github.com/Andyhasit/web2py_intellisense in VS Code,
but couldn't get it to work.
I am sure that I set it up wrong as I didn't quite understand the
instructions in the readme file.

1) I copied  *auto_completion_support.py* into the modules folder of my
welcome application.
2) I created a zzz.py in the models folder and added the following code:
if 0:
    import autocomplete_fakes.py
    # from ide_code_completion import *
file = "c:\\temp\\dummy.py"
*generate_auto_completion_file(db, file)*

I tried running it but it wouldn't load the models.