I was trying to see if limiting to 1 thread would make the debugger
work and stop in my controller code (like it used to).

Nope. No joy. I've really borked this up. As always, it's the thing
you _don't_ check that an be the problem. I have scoured over my
client and svr code and I can't find *anything* outstanding or wrong
(although I might still be missing it). I tried accessing web2py from
my client's browser and it worked fine. Just xmlrpc won't work -
anymore. And then...

Funny. That's odd. Somehow my bridged lan connection from the client
in virtualbox is now set to NAT (thus it's ip is 10.0.0.x). What the?

Setting the -o to 50000 showed me that my code is hanging. Methinks
that my network problems may be behind this problem. I remember back
that a new VirtualBox came out (3.0!) and I installed it on my Mac and
did _not_ touch my web2py box. Sun completely borked the networking -
tons of folk on the forums whining about it. I must have fiddled with
my HP laptop to check some settings and left it on NAT rather than
LAN. Seeing as the ips are NONROUTABLE I *believe* that I must be on
the same LAN if I want traffic between the (virtual) boxes. Putting it
back on Bridged mode of course means that *nothing* works now.

Are we having fun yet?

--
Rb

Oh yeah. I put this error into the "stupid" category. ***Sigh***
(fingers and eyes crossed that this IS the problem)