I have been trying to test web2py on an AS/400 (more recently know as
iSeries or System i) without success for various reasons.
Since the only port of Python (www.iseriespython.com) to this machine
does not support threads it is unusable to run web2py.

There is however another possibility, in the OS there is support for a
run time AIX environment called PASE.
On my newest test machine (a 520 running OS v5r3)  PASE is based on
AIX 5.2 (PowerPC).
So it would be a matter of getting an AIX version of Python to run on
it which can be accomplished two ways:
- download a precompiled version of it
- compile your own

Neither one has turned out to be a walk in the park.
The best pre-built Python I have been able to locate is
python-2.4.6-1.aix5.2.ppc.rpm which lacks the hashlib, so I have to
try and compile it on my own. And who knows what else might fail after
that if it can be fixed.
Compiling Python 2.5.4 (or newer) has proven to be a big waste of time
so far, where errors about things I have never even heard of before
keep popping up.

Does anybody here have AIX skills and resources to lend a hand?.

Thanks,
Denes.