I want a wiki to be part of a website.

In the manual there as part of the tutorial there is an example on how
to implement a simple wiki:
 "Start  by creating a scaffolding app and call it "mywiki".

Now my questions.

What exactly is a "scaffolding app"?
How do I integrate different "scaffolding apps" into one web page?
Is the example in the manual still the best way to construct a wiki?
I have read that much of T2/T3 is now part of the standard web2py.
Is T3 still useful?  Is T3 an example of a "scaffolding app"?
How do I integrate it into another web page?

In the examples there is an example of an "ajaxwiki".  I am too much
of a beginner to understand the interaction between the that
controller example and the model and views involved.  Where can I read
more about it?

Regards,
Johann