Hi All,

As my first non-trivial web2py application, I have been adapting the
eStore product for a B2B eCommerce application.

That application isn't something that I can release, but once I'm done
with this, I'd like to develop and release a standard B2C eCommerce
appliance based on eStore but updated to use my work integrating
jQueryUI + ThemeRoller.

Also, in a previous life I was involved in developing a store product
with some additional simple merchandising features which were well
received my merchants, such as a non-hierarchical catalogue, up-sell,
cross-sell, membership features etc., which I'd like to work into the
product. Nothing too dramatic, but more than enough for a simple
real-life store.

Before I start planning the B2C version (which I won't be able to start
on for a couple of weeks), I wanted to ask if anyone else was interested
in pitching in, if there were any feature requests, and - most
importantly - whether anyone else was working on an eStore variant at
the moment?

My main objective in doing this is to contribute back my
jQueryUI-oriented version, and to make some use of my modest eCommerce
experience. My motivation is to have some fun and sharpen up my web2py
*and* my collaboration skills, so if anyone wants to pitch in with me,
that would be very welcome.

I'm away next week, and hope to put my B2B version to bed the week
after, so it looks like I'll be starting at the beginning of next month.

--

Regards,

PhilK

'work as if you lived in the early days of a better nation'
- alasdair gray