Hello Everybody,
I've seen a *possible* bug if I got things right in the authentication code,
let me tell you about how to reproduce it first.
*
*
*steps to reproduce:*

   1. I use LDAP authentication (LDAP only, no local authentication wanted)
   so I set my

auth.settings.login_methods = ldap_auth(server=ldapConfig.server,
base_dn=ldapConfig.basedn, mode=ldapConfig.searchattr)]

   1. When I try to login with LDAP account things go great and the user is
   created in the authentication database as caching, next time you login with
   that user you will be able to login with any password!, the LDAP
   authentication is not even checked!
   2. When you try to login with any other unknown user in the database, the
   LDAP authentication is checked and fails as expected.

I'm submitting the patch against the source version and the fix is really
simple, please review and consider for merge.

Note: I noticed 'self.settings.alternate_requires_registration' and I didn't
understand its role, but it's set to False by default and setting it to True
will cause the following
1- Initially you won't be able to authenticate to LDAP users that are not
already in the cache, but if they are in the cache already things work fine
and you can't see the bug, so it's confusing what it should 'actually' do.

Thanks

Ahmed Soliman
Software Engineer
B-Virtual Team.