What was throwing me off was that one of the fields (type DOUBLE),
doesn't allow user to leave it blank. So SQLForm prevents continuation
until you enter some value for the DOUBLE field. Even though it has no
validators attached to it nor does it have notnull=True. That really
threw me off... is that normal for the form to behave that way?

ie.

db.define_table(test, SQLField(name), SQLField(age, double,
default=none))

def index():
form = SQLForm(db.test)
return dict(form=form)